We thought that we were going to be picking up money for the truck but God had other things planned for us.
The first person that God had us minister to was Misa's cousin, the wife of the guy that was supposed to be buying the truck but changes his mind. We were all in the van getting ready to leave and I suddenly had the strong urge to give her one of the tracts that we hand out to people on the streets. We don't normally just go around shoving tracts into families hands as most of them are Catholic and we don't want to botch the relationship before it has even been established. We are very cautious. I gestured to Misa to see if he felt the same and wanted to offer a tract and he so he told her that this is what we are handing out to people. Her face lit up and that opened the door to discuss spiritual things a little further. She then agreed to take the "virgin Mary" tract as well. We also started talking about marriage and she expressed great interest in the book "Created to be His Helpmeet" so we gave her one along with a Bible and she promised to read it. She agreed that we would sit and talk about what she has been reading when we return.
I take that back she was not the first...she was the second. The first person was a guy that Misa had spoken to a long time ago and possibly led to the Lord. He saw our van and came running down the street to get our attention. He began to tell Misa how he had been sober for 6 months now and feels great. Then he wanted to know where his Bible is that Misa had promised him!! It was awesome to have someone be so enthusiastic and come running to us to get a Bible!
Then when we were heading out of a town called La Libertad we stopped to buy some plantanos and Misa called me out of the car and asked me if I wanted green ones or ripe ones. I told him it didn't really matter to me whatever he like best but....I suppose I would want some of both. The guy that was selling them said to Misa, Wow! I thought all women did anymore was boss the guy around and demand what "they" wanted! Misa interpreted for me and jokingly said, maybe his wife needs that book too! He said what book...I want one. I said no, you'll get beat up if you give it to your wife. Misa and him talked a little more after I got back in the van and then Misa came and asked for a book, bible and some tracts. The guy was very happy and immediatly went in to his wife. We'll check in on them the next time we go too.
We ran out of Bibles and that wasn't good because there were some families in Zacualpan that were waiting for Misa to stop by with Bibles too. We will bring some to them the next time we go through.
We will need more Bibles and tracts....so if anyone would like to donate money or order them for us we would be most appreciative!
The drive home turned into an inventful one again! We were going to swing by San Blas to pick up some tacos, there is only one road going into San Blas and it is very low and narrow with wetlands (marisma) on both sides of the road. It was aroud 9PM and very dark already, there had been some showers and lightning in the distance nothing unusual for this time of year. Then suddenly maybe 500 feet ahead of us around a bend in the road there was a bright blue and green light that lit the whole sky. We kept on driving when very quickly we realized that the electric box had blown and the electric wires and pole had fallen across the road. We pulled off in a little turn around area and then looking behind us realized a car coming that had been unaware of the flash and almost drove right into the wires. We started frantically waving, screaming and honking our horn. They just in time realized what had happened and turned around as well but then along comes another truck speeding along ignoring our continuous brights flashing and emergency blinkers and horn blaring! He too almost ran it over. He sat there in front of it and then other cars started to pile up behind him so we figured it was safe to turn around and go back.
So much for those tacos! The storm felt like a little hurricane or a tornando. I figured that Misa would want to play it safe and stay at his aunts house instead of driving the 3 1/2 hours back to pv at this time of night. He said NO! Absolutley not! I felt a little uneasy but then remembered how God had spoken through him just the night before and kept us from harms way. So, I relaxed, smiled and began to pray! I prayed a specific prayer this time (remembering that the last trip we took when our truck broke down and we had the horrific drive back home that I never prayed specifically, I had just prayed, Oh, Lord keep us safe). My specific prayer was that for that point on that the roads would become completely clear and that it would not rain AND of course that we would get there safely. He did just that!! The rain stopped, the wind stopped, there weren't any landslides or stalled vehicles, no falling rocks, or trees this time! The only little surprise was a flood stretch of road that scared us because we were going 60mph and didn't see it. Talk about hydroplaning!!
GOD IS GOOD! AMEN? AMEN!


