People do things so different here in Mexico. Our students showed up 1 1/2 hours late! We went ahead and did the full 1 1/2 hour class anyway which put us at 8:30 by the time we got out.
It went really well! I was unsure about how the material would work and if it would take up the full class but it worked out PERFECTLY! We didn't do any bible curriculum yet. I decided to wait for a week or two to get them familiar with other words. We did a lesson on learning the names of our body parts.
Next class we will practice that and then do a new lesson of learning clothing. I want to introduce the gospel somehow but I'm still trying to put that together. I don't want it to just be the gospel of love but for it to include the Law, Judgement and the Cross so that it will become effective! I found that the Jesus Films has a free curriculum designed for ministering with ESL but I don't have a tv, vcr or the movies! If God wants me to use that particular curriculum then He will provide. If anyone is interested here is the link to it ESL with Jesus Films
I'm less nervous now that we got the first class over with and I'm looking forward to the next class. Crystal and Mariah were AWESOME! The worked personally with the girls (that's all that came), and really developed relationships. I think they will be great at this! It is also forcing me (us) to learn more Spanish because I taught most of the class in Spanish with the exception of the English words that we were learning! God is really helping me to learn Spanish when I need it!


