We were told before we left Gleanings not to be surprised and to actually expect adversity in the mission/ministry field. As soon as we hit Mexico that is what we were faced!
We got through the border and began our trek through Mexico in seperate vehicles but with all of our appliances! Yeah!
I commented to Crystal how we should really praise the Lord that we never got sick during our stay at Misas parents house. They were very sick with some cold/flu bug almost the entire month that we were there!
Okay, I kid you not....only about 4 hours later out of nowhere I bacame very sick! I suddenly had a horrible sore throat, swollen neck, cough and headache. We had stopped shortly after that to get a bite to eat and I told Misa that I didnt think I could go much further. But apparently neither could his truck!
Misa decided that it was most likely the alternator that was going out on the truck so we sat there for a while with the jumper cables on and finally it started.
We went another 2 hours when suddenly Misas headlights and dashboard quit working!! That just doesnt work on the dark roads in Mx.!! But we just happened to be driving near a Hotel! There arent many hotels the way that we go. Actually, most of the time its just a whold lot of either desert, empty fields, little towns or jungle like areas.
The hotel was fairly clean and cheap but most of all just what I needed! I was now running a low grade fever and felt miserable and had almost fallen asleep twice while driving!
My cold and the truck added another 2 1/2 days to our trip. But praise the Lord we made it safe and sound!!


